Nowadays, people ask me if I am part of a healing ministry or a deliverance ministry or even an apologetic or prophetic ministry or if I am a pastor (because of baptisms and teaching). I often explain there's a problem with the question. Why? Because over the last 2,000 years, especially after the Roman Emperor Constantine married Christianity with Sun-God religion (part of Mystery Babylon with it's hierarchical priesthood and all, separating the clergy from the laity - yes, that's were it all came from and where the Catholic Church got it) the church has compartmentalized, departmentalized, siloed, divided, shoe-boxed (you name it) these ministries into special-focus groups pretty much like the medical profession where you have cardiologists, ENT specialists, neurologists, etc. This results in churches becoming fossilized as a great majority of it's members think they don't have a special calling to carry out these ministries while an elite few do. This deception needs to change.
ALL Believers of Christ should realize the following:
1. All believers are part of the universal priesthood of Believers (1 Peter 2:9). All are anointed already whether they know it or not to carry out the Great Commission. There's no need for a special appointments or ordinations. If you believe that, it will affect your faith and your ministry (including healing). This concept alone kills faith and if you want to heal, you will need faith which comes through sound doctrine (Romans 10:17).
2. Jesus gave all Believers authority to cast out demons and heal the sick (Luke 10:19)
3. To empower that authority, all Believers are already clothed in "dunamis" power (Luke 24:49, Acts 1:8), the same power which raised Christ from the dead. This power was intended to equip us for the Great Commission which was intended to be carried out with supernatural power (Mark 16:17-18, 1 Corinthians 2:4-5)
4. All are commanded to carry out The Great Commission (Matt 28:19-20).
5. All are commanded to carry out the Great Commission Christ's way, teaching to obey everything he commanded (Mark 16:15-18, Matthew 28:19-20, Matthew 10, Luke 10, John 8:30, John 14:12)
Who are the Nicolaitans?
Back to #1. Jesus said HE HATES the deeds of the Nicolaitans (Revelation 2:6, 15-15). The word is an untranslated word that comes from two Greek words, "Nicao" meaning to "conquer or victory" and "Laity" meaning "people". Transliterated it means those that impose "victory or try to conquer or rule over the people" hinting at God's disapproval of the concept of a clergy and laity separation. Why? Because all Believers are part of the universal priesthood of Believers (1 Peter 2:9) and believing this concept snares the majority of Believers into passivity, trapped in a waiting game for God to call them into action. No wonder Jesus hates it.
Jesus warned about ruling over others in the church:
But Jesus called them to Himself and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. 26“It is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”
So how do I describe my ministry? I am nothing but a Disciple of Christ fulfilling the Great Commission ministry and edifying the church, according to the commands given to all born-again Believers, and using the power God gave us already. And so should you. The Great Com-MISSION implies that every born-again Believer is already a MISSIONARY whether they know it or not. The only issue is whether they are obedient or disobedient. Awake or asleep. Empowered by the Spirit or not.
But you may ask: Aren't there Spiritual gifts given for each Believer? The answer is YES - but it is for edification of the Body of Christ. So if one with a gift of healing is able to teach others to heal people by faith - then that's putting a gift to practice. And gifts are not to be confused with functions/roles (Ephesians 4:11).
We need to come out of the Babylonian-influenced church system which has snared the Body of Christ into a deep slumber. God commands it and even warns about its consequences (is it any wonder why we don't see as much supernatural healings today in the church compared to the Book of Acts?). The church needs a reformation and a return to its Biblical roots.
COME OUT OF BABYLON
"I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues"